2 unrestrained in especially feelings; "extravagant praise"; "exuberant compliments"; "overweening ambition"; "overweening greed" [syn: excessive, extravagant, overweening]
3 produced or growing in extreme abundance; "their riotous blooming" [syn: lush, luxuriant, profuse, riotous]
- In the context of "of people": Very high-spirited; extremely energetic or enthusiastic.
- In the context of "of things that grow": Abundant, luxuriant.
- 1972, Ken Lemmon, "Restoration Work at Studley Royal," Garden
History, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22,
- The County Architect's Department is starting to pleach trees to open up these vistas, now almost hidden by the exuberant growth.
- 1972, Ken Lemmon, "Restoration Work at Studley Royal," Garden History, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22,
people very high-spirited
- Portuguese: exuberante
things that grow abundant, luxuriant
- Portuguese: exuberante
- German: ausufernd
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
ablaze, abounding, abundant, affluent, afire, all-sufficing, ample, animated, antic, aplenty, ardent, balmy, blooming, blossoming, boiling over, booming, bottomless, bounteous, bountiful, brash, breathless, burning, bursting, bursting out, capersome, clear, coltish, copious, cordial, creative, delirious, dense, diffuse, diffusive, drunk, ebullient, effervescent, effuse, effusive, enthusiastic, epidemic, excited, exhaustless, extravagant, fair, fat, febrile, fecund, fertile, fervent, fervid, fevered, feverish, fiery, flaming, flourishing, flowering, flush, flushed, formless, frisky, frolicsome, fructiferous, fruitful, fruiting, full, full of beans, galore, gamesome, gay, generous, glowing, going strong, gross, gushing, gushy, halcyon, hearty, heated, heavy, high-spirited, hot, impassioned, impenetrable, in full swing, in good case, in plenty, in quantity, inexhaustible, intense, intoxicated, jungled, jungly, keen, lavish, liberal, lively, lush, luxuriant, many, maximal, much, numerous, on fire, opulent, overflowing, overgrown, overrun, palmy, passionate, piping, playful, plenitudinous, plenteous, plentiful, plenty, pleonastic, pregnant, prevailing, prevalent, prodigal, productive, profuse, profusive, proliferous, prolific, prospering, rampant, rank, red-hot, redundant, reiterative, repetitive, replete, rich, rife, riotous, rollicking, rollicksome, rompish, rosy, running over, seminal, skittish, sleek, spirited, sportive, sprightly, steaming, steamy, superabundant, swarming, tautologous, teeming, thick, thriving, uberous, unrestrained, unweeded, vigorous, vital, vivacious, warm, wealthy, weed-choked, weed-ridden, weedy, well-found, well-furnished, well-provided, well-stocked, wholesale, zealous, zestful, zippy